Especially sleek and impressively versatile, the black Canon EOS M200 blends a wide range of shooting capabilities with an everyday form factor. Sporting a 24.1MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 8 image processor, the M200 enables high-resolution stills shooting along with a 6.1 fps continuous shooting rate and wide ISO 100-25600 sensitivity range to suit working in a variety of conditions. UHD 4K video recording is also supported, as well as in-camera 4K time-lapse movie production for a creative melding of stills and video. The sensor's design also facilitates Dual Pixel CMOS AF, which uses phase-detection autofocus for quick, accurate, and smooth performance to suit both stills and video use.
Complementing the imaging assets, the M200's slim design incorporates a 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD for intuitive shooting control. The screen has a 180° tilting design, too, to benefit selfie shooting as well as working from high and low angles. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows for quick and convenient pairing with a smartphone or tablet for wireless image sharing, and Bluetooth is also featured for image sharing to and remote camera control from a mobile device.
When shooting video, a Movie Servo AF mode offers smooth and natural focusing when changing from different subjects or different distances within the scene, as well as the ability to specify tracking sensitivity, AF speed, and Face Tracking priority. Benefited by the Touch AF system, rack focus is possible simply by touching elements within the scene on the touchscreen in order to change focus in an intuitive manner. Subject tracking in movies is also heightened due to the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system's ability to recognize subjects and maintain focus when working within changing or cluttered scenery.
- Large 3.0" touchscreen LCD provides an intuitive method for controlling focusing points, navigating menus, and reviewing imagery. This screen also features a 180° up, 45° down tilting design to better enable making self-portraits and to work from high and low angles.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows for easy wireless sharing of both photos and movies to a linked mobile device.
- Bluetooth permits linking a smartphone or tablet for quick, automatic image sharing between devices as well as remote control capabilities.
- Built-in pop-up flash provides additional illumination for working in low-light conditions.
- Included LP-E12 battery provides approximately 315 shots per charge with normal settings or 485 shots per charge with Eco Mode on.
- Time-Lapse Movie mode creates finished 4K videos comprised of consecutively recorded stills with in-camera processing.
- Vertical Video support permits recording in a vertical orientation to suit sharing videos on social media.
- Dedicated Self Portrait mode incorporates a series of tools, such as skin smoothing, background blurring, and a customizable self-timer, to help produce perfect selfies.
- Creative Assist makes it easy to see the effects of changing camera settings with real-time results displayed. This mode also lets you fine-tune brightness, contrast, and saturation with a dedicated menu.
- Visual Guide and Feature Assistant explain and illustrate the various shooting modes in order to foster experimentation and a better understanding of the camera's capabilities.
- Silent Mode virtually eliminates the shutter sound in order to prevent startling subjects or to permit working in noise-sensitive environments.
|Lens Mount||Canon EF-M|
|Sensor Resolution||Actual: 25.8 Megapixel
Effective: 24.1 Megapixel (6000 x 4000)
|Sensor Type||22.3 x 14.9 mm (APS-C) CMOS|
|Built-In ND Filter||None|
|Capture Type||Stills & Video|
|Shutter Type||Electronic Shutter, Mechanical Focal Plane Shutter|
|Shutter Speed||1/4000 to 30 Seconds|
|Bulb/Time Mode||Bulb Mode|
100 to 25,600 in Auto Mode
100 to 12,800 (Extended: 100 to 25,600)
|Metering Method||Center-Weighted Average, Evaluative, Partial, Spot|
|Exposure Modes||Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority|
|Exposure Compensation||-3 to +3 EV (1/3 EV Steps)|
|Metering Range||-1 to 20 EV|
|White Balance||Presets: Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Custom, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent (White), Shade, Tungsten|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 6.1 fps at 24.1 MP for up to 13 Frames (Raw) / 71 Frames (JPEG)
Up to 4 fps at 24.1 MP for up to 13 Frames (Raw) / 71 Frames (JPEG)
|Image Sizes||3:2 Raw
6000 x 4000
6000 x 4000
3984 x 2656
2976 x 1984
2400 x 1600
5328 x 4000
3552 x 2656
2656 x 1992
2112 x 1600
6000 x 3368
3984 x 2240
2976 x 1680
2400 x 1344
4000 x 4000
2656 x 2656
1984 x 1984
1600 x 1600
|Aspect Ratio||1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9|
|Image File Format||JPEG, Raw|
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 23.98p [120 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 29.97p/59.94p [30 to 60 Mb/s]
HD (1280 x 720) at 59.94p/119.88p [26 to 52 Mb/s]
|Recording Limit||Up to 29 Minutes, 59 Seconds|
|Built-In Microphone Type||Stereo|
|Audio Recording||AAC Audio|
|Media/Memory Card Slot||Single Slot: SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-I)|
|Video I/O||1 x Micro-HDMI Output|
|Other I/O||1 x Micro-USB (USB 2.0) Data Output|
|Global Positioning (GPS, GLONASS, etc.)||None|
|Display Type||180° Tilting Touchscreen LCD|
|Focus Type||Auto and Manual Focus|
|Focus Mode||Continuous-Servo AF, Manual Focus, Single-Servo AF|
|Autofocus Points||Phase Detection: 143|
|Autofocus Sensitivity||-4 to +18 EV|
|Guide Number||16.4' / 5 m at ISO 100|
|Maximum Sync Speed||1/200 Second|
|Flash Compensation||-2 to +2 EV (1/3 EV Steps)|
|Dedicated Flash System||eTTL|
|External Flash Connection||None|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C|
|Operating Humidity||0 to 85%|
|Battery Type||1 x LP-E12 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 7.2 VDC, 875 mAh (Approx. 315 Shots)|
|Tripod Mounting Thread||1 x 1/4"-20 Female (Bottom)|
|Material of Construction||Polycarbonate|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||4.26 x 2.64 x 1.38" / 108.2 x 67.1 x 35.1 mm|
|Weight||10.55 oz / 299 g (With Battery, Recording Media)|
|Focal Length||15 to 45mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 24 to 72mm)|
|Maximum Aperture||f/3.5 to 6.3|
|Minimum Aperture||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Angle of View||84° 30' to 33° 40'|
|Minimum Focus Distance||9.84" / 25 cm|
|Optical Design||10 Elements in 9 Groups|
|Filter Size||49 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||2.4 x 1.75" / 60.9 x 44.5 mm|
|Weight||4.59 oz / 130 g|
|Package Weight||1.825 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||8 x 6.7 x 5.3"|