- RF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/32
- One Super UD Element, One UD Element
- Two Aspherical Elements
- Air Sphere and Fluorine Coatings
- Dual Nano USM AF System
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- Customizable Control Ring
- Detachable, Rotatable Tripod Collar
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
This impressive L-Series lens offers a telephoto zoom focal length for getting closer to faraway subjects. Canon's lightest and shortest 70-200mm f/2.8 lens ever, the RF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS USM is engineered to make traveling more comfortable, offering a compact and portable design that's easy to pack and carry wherever you go.
Constant f/2.8 Aperture
- Bright f/2.8 constant maximum aperture maintains consistent illumination throughout the zoom range and suits working in low-light conditions as well as affords increased control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- The front and rear elements feature a protective Fluorine coating to resist fingerprints and smudges and to make cleaning significantly easier.
Advanced Optical Design
- One UD (Ultra-Low Dispersion) element and one Super UD element help to minimize chromatic aberrations and color fringing in order to provide greater clarity and color accuracy.
- Two aspherical elements are used to correct spherical aberrations and distortion for improved sharpness and accurate rendering.
- An Air Sphere Coating (ASC) has been applied to lens elements to reduce backlit flaring and ghosting for maintained light transmission and high contrast in strong lighting conditions.
D ual Nano USM AF System
Dual Nano USM system utilizes both a ring type USM and an STM mechanism to realize quick and accurate focusing.
- Smooth and nearly silent autofocus suits both photography and video applications.
- Full-time manual focus control available when working in the one-shot AF mode.
Optical Image Stabilization
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by five stops.
- Enables working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds.
- Three discrete IS modes are available: standard single-shot mode, a panning-optimized mode, and a mode that only activates the Image Stabilizer during the exposure.
Customizable Control Ring
- Configurable Control Ring can be used to adjust a variety of exposure settings, including aperture, ISO, and exposure compensation.
- Focus Limiter switch allows selecting subject focal range.
- Auto Focus / Manual Focus selector switch
- image Stabilizer switch and Stabilizer Mode Selector switch.
Rugged, Weather-Resistant Design
- Weather-resistant design protects against dust and moisture to enable use in inclement conditions.
- L-Series level vibration shock resistance in the lens barrel, helping to maintain focus and settings even in turbulent situations.
Rotating Tripod Collar
- Removable rotating tripod collar is included and benefits working with the lens atop a tripod or monopod.
- Canon EOS C70
- Canon EOS R
- Canon EOS R10
- Canon EOS R3
- Canon EOS R5
- Canon EOS R5 C
- Canon EOS R50
- Canon EOS R6
- Canon EOS R6 Mark II
- Canon EOS R7
- Canon EOS R8
- Canon EOS RP
- Canon EOS Ra
- Kolari Vision EOS RP
- RED DIGITAL CINEMA Komodo
- RED DIGITAL CINEMA Komodo Monochrome
- RED DIGITAL CINEMA V-RAPTOR
- RED DIGITAL CINEMA V-RAPTOR RHINO
|Focal Length||70 to 200mm|
|Lens Mount||Canon RF|
|Lens Format Coverage||Full-Frame|
|Angle of View||34° to 12°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||2.3' / 70 cm|
|Optical Design||17 Elements in 13 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Tripod Collar||Removable and Rotating|
|Filter Size||77 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||3.54 x 5.75" / 89.9 x 146 mm|
|Length at Maximum Extension||8.03" / 204 mm|
|Weight||2.35 lb / 1070 g|
|Package Weight||3.67 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||11.25 x 6.8 x 6.6"|