- Micro Four Thirds System
- 20mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/2 to f/16
- Two Aspherical Elements
- Three Extra-Low Dispersion Elements
- Rectilinear Design, Low Distortion
- Manual Focus Design
- CPU Chip, Camera-Based Aperture Control
- Built-In Petal-Shape Lens Hood
Ultra wide and ultra compact, the Laowa 10mm f/2 Zero-D from Venus Optics is a Micro Four Thirds prime lens characterized by its sleek form factor and impressively broad angle of view. The portable design makes it particularly well-suited to drone and vlogging applications and the wide-angle field of view is ideal for architecture, landscape, interior, and astrophotography subjects.
As a Zero-D lens, distortion is very well-controlled and the optical design uses aspherical and low dispersion elements to minimize a variety of aberrations for high sharpness and clarity. It has a manual focus design, with a minimum focusing distance of 4.7", and a built-in CPU and motor permit intuitive camera-based control over aperture settings. Additionally, a petal-shaped lens hood is also incorporated into the lens' design to reduce flare and ghosting when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Ultra wide-angle prime is designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras and provides a 20mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2 maximum aperture is well-suited to working in low and difficult lighting conditions.
- Rectilinear design renders subjects with minimal distortion in order to suit landscape and architectural applications.
- Three extra-low dispersion elements reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for increased clarity and color neutrality.
- Two aspherical elements limit spherical aberrations for improved sharpness and controlled distortion.
- Manual focus design offers a minimum focusing distance of 4.7".
- Five-blade diaphragm produces distinct 10-point sun stars when working with smaller aperture settings.
- Integrated CPU chip and motor enables camera-based control over aperture settings and also transfers Exif data for recording lens setting metadata.
- Built-in petal-shaped lens hood shields the lens from stray light to reduce flare and ghosting and also protects the front elements from accidental impacts.
|Focal Length||10mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 20mm)|
|Lens Mount||Micro Four Thirds|
|Lens Format Coverage||Micro Four Thirds|
|Angle of View||96°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||4.7" / 12 cm|
|Optical Design||11 Elements in 7 Groups|
|Focus Type||Manual Focus|
|Filter Size||46 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||2.1 x 1.6" / 53 x 41 mm|
|Weight||4.4 oz / 125 g|
|Package Weight||0.64 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||3.8 x 3.8 x 3.7"|