Close-focusing and compact, the Venus Optics Laowa 90mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro APO Lens from Venus Optics is a unique and versatile short-telephoto prime. This lens features greater-than-life-size 2:1 maximum magnification along with an 8" minimum focusing distance, making it ideal for super close-up shots and capturing extremely small details. Specifically designed for mirrorless cameras with full-frame sensors, this lens can capture subjects in any size, making it very versatile for different applications including macro, commercial, and portrait photography.
- Telephoto prime designed for full-frame cameras, however, can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 135mm equivalent focal length.
- Ultra-macro lens that can reproduce 2:1 magnification of life-size images, showing extensive details of the object in high resolution. Features an 8" minimum focusing distance, making it ideal for super close-up shots and capturing extremely small details.
- Engineered with 3 extra-low dispersion glass elements to suppress longitudinal and lateral chromatic aberration across in-focus and out-of-focus areas. Purple fringing and ghosting are also minimized throughout the aperture range, reducing post-editing time.
- Specifically designed for mirrorless cameras, the shorter flange distance maximizes image sharpness and makes the lens more compact and portable.
- Manual focus design, along with focus distance and depth of field scales, provide precise focusing control.
- Features 13 aperture blades that create round and soft bokeh in the out-of-focus area, facilitating a dreamy and artistic background for your images.
- Internal focusing design helps prevent the lens from coming in contact with the subject and also prevents the lens from attracting dust.
- Super compact and lightweight, the size of the lens is significantly smaller than other equivalents on the market.
|Focal Length||90mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 135mm)|
|Lens Format Coverage||Full-Frame|
|Angle of View||27°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||8.1" / 20.5 cm|
|Macro Reproduction Ratio||2:1|
|Optical Design||13 Elements in 10 Groups|
|Focus Type||Manual Focus|
|Filter Size||67 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||2.9 x 4.7" / 74 x 120 mm|
|Weight||21.8 oz / 619 g|